Orca Masonry is a rapidly growing business that provides concrete, brick, block, stonework and waterproofing in Victoria and the South Island. We aim to be the leading masonry choice on the island by providing top-quality service through professional installers.
- Are you a hard-working problem solver with a positive attitude?
- Are you obsessed with the details?
- Do you love coming across as highly competent?
We are looking for two positions for Stone Mason and Bricklayer, equally competent in stone, tile, and bricklaying, looking for full-time commitment, supported by a small but high-performing crew.
If you are a hard-working problem solver with a positive attitude, obsessed with details, and love coming across as highly competent, we would love to hear from you!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Organizing tools and materials to complete jobs efficiently
- Proper use of PPE or personal protective equipment during the mixing, cutting and grinding processes
- Responsible for maintaining a 9/10 quality score by following Work Orders to complete the project as described.
- Oversee all activities on site, including crew members and subcontractors.
- Responsible to adhere to all Administrative Policies
- Accurately follow all purchasing procedures
- Communicate with everyone in a professional and polite manner.
- Maintain and update accurate data in payroll time clock software and other related duties as required.
Skills & Requirements
- Have a valid BC Driver’s License.
- Have at least 3 years of masonry experience.
- Able to stay focused and motivated to finish tasks immediately, leaving a polished and professional final product.
- Physically able to do strenuous physical labour for up to 8 hours.
- Believe in telling the truth while doing the right thing.
- Are friendly, generous and considerate of others.
- Are able to give direction and lead by example to meet project milestones.
Why apply to join our pod
Our valued team members play a crucial role in shaping employee-focused initiatives, contributing to a positive work environment and reinforcing our company’s culture. Our benefits to support all of our employees include:
- Health and dental coverage
- Time off includes 10 days of vacation, 5 paid sick days, and 2 paid days for volunteering to support the local community.
- The base salary offered to the successful candidate will consider factors including but not limited to the individual’s skill set, level of experience applicable to the role they are being offered and consideration of internal equity.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Schedule: 8-hour shift - Monday to Friday
- Work Location: Victoria, BC
- Expected Start Date: As soon as possible